Soap Nuts are a 100% natural laundry soap that means no harsh chemicals, dyes and excellent for those with skin sensitivities. They are the dried fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree that is grown in South Asian countries and is a fruit, not a nut, they are 100% suitable for those with nut allergies. The shell contains a waxy coating called Saponin that functions as a natural cleanser. It’s 100% biodegradable, phosphate-free, fragrance-free, ideal for HE washers, and very economical as they can be reused 3-4 times before all saponin is released. It also can be boiled to make a liquid that can be used as hand soap and shampoo.
• Glass cleaner
• Body and face wash
• Insect and mosquito repellant
• Car wash
• Jewelry cleaner
Directions for Use:
Directions: Place 4-6 soapberries in a wash bag (tie it closed) and place them into the drum of your washing machine along with your laundry and leave them in for both the wash and rinse cycles. Use warm water or hot water for best results. The soapberries can be reused for approximately 4-6 loads of laundry – once they turn gray and dull in color, they can be composted. *Completely natural with no chemicals or added scents – great for people with skin sensitivity.
Other benefits of Soap Nuts:
• Sustainable: It’s a renewable resource, easily grown organically.
• Hypoallergenic: No skin or respiratory irritation and non-toxic.
• Not Actually Nuts: They’re totally safe for those with nut allergies.
• Simple: Throw them in your wash or make a simple liquid detergent and it’s odorless.
• Gentle: Their mild nature won’t damage delicate clothing or surfaces.
• No Fabric Softener Needed: They naturally soften your fabrics!
• Save Energy: You can use a shorter rinse cycle in your laundry, too.
• Front-loading Friendly: No suds are perfect for HE machines.
• Non-polluting: 100% biodegradable, can be thrown in your compost.